Open houses to provide information on Bay Area transportation, housing forecast
The events will enable residents to view displays and offer feedback on sustainable goals to reduce vehicles’ greenhouse gas emissions, provide housing for the future population, improve public health, maintain the transportation system and also preserve open space. Exhibits will point to key points in the projected schedule, providing employment, housing and transportation forecasts.
The public is encouraged to attend any of these open houses:
• Alameda County: April 29, 7-9 p.m., Alameda County Fairgrounds, Palm Pavilion, 4501 Pleasanton Ave,, Pleasanton (Wheels will run extended bus service on Route 53 between West Dublin/Pleasanton BART and the Fairgrounds.)
• Contra Costa County: April 29, 7-9 p.m., Walnut Creek Marriott, 2355 North Main St., Walnut Creek
• San Mateo County: May 6, 7-9 p.m., San Mateo County Event Center, Event Pavilion, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo
• Santa Clara County: May 6, 7-9 p.m., Berryessa Community Center, 3050 Berryessa Road, San Jose
• Napa County: May 7, 6-8 p.m., Napa Elks Lodge, 2840 Soscol Ave., Napa
• Solano County: May 7, 6-8 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn, 2200 Gateway Court, Fairfield
• Sonoma County: May 7, 6-8 p.m., Friedman Center, 4676 Mayette Ave., Santa Rosa
• San Francisco: May 13, 7-9 p.m., Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market St., San Francisco
• Marin County: May 28, 5-7 p.m., Marin Civic Center, San Rafael (exact location to be determined)
The plan's website at www.planbayarea.org will contain updates.